1. Keep Your Design Simple.
2. Must be easy to navigate
3. Improve your website’s search experience
- Put the search box on every page and in the same position
- It should support all types of queries including product names, categories, attributes, tags, pages & posts.
- Add autocomplete functionality.
- Don’t hide your search icon inside the breadcrumb menu.
- Make it mobile-friendly
4. Make it mobile-friendly
- Put important elements like cart, search, and CTAs in thumb-friendly positions for users to click and shop effortlessly
- All the interactive elements in your store need to be large and no two clickable elements are closer.
- Make sure your mobile layout is clean
- Display featured categories on your mobile homepage as small banners
- Make your click-to-action or CTA buttons are standing out.
5. Lead with your value proposition
- Focus on benefits instead of features.
- Use the key benefits and selling points. What benefits can’t be found anywhere else?
- Emphasize why your store is specifically worth buying from.
6. Switch your hero image carousel to a static image
7. Add social proof
- Summarize reviews, and make the important keyword bold.
- Show the reviewer’s face and his name
- Add stars.
- Show demos or unboxing videos
8. Display your best sellers
- Place your main products above the page fold.
- Showcase the USP of your top product in your hero image. Let them know what problem your product solves.
- Conduct A/B tests to see which products lead to the most conversions.
- Add new products and a sale section as well.
9. Have an Eye-Catching Sale Section
- Make a highlighted sale section on your homepage. You want your customers to find it quickly and easily.
- Display special offers and discounts in an optimal spot.
10. Speed up your page load time
- Use Google’s PageSpeed Insights to check what’s affecting site speed and how can you improve it
- Enable browser caching
- Reduce your images’ file sizes
- Minimize the number of apps or plugins
- Eliminate unnecessary redirects
11. Demonstrate Site Security and build trust
- Assure shoppers that their data is protected by implementing SSL.
- Display SSL and show widely recognized trust seals on the footer.
- Add an about us page with photos of people behind the business
- Display your business phone number and address
- Add social media links
- Add a FAQ page
- Add store shipping and return policies
- Put the phone number on both the top and bottom.
12. High-Quality Product Images
Customers associate poor images with poor product quality.
The quality of your images will play a large role in making a good impression. That’s why we need high-quality product images to increase trust. It will increase your conversion rate.
Peep Laja at ConversionXL says “You need to work twice as hard to make your products come alive via excellent photography and graphics.” because your customers cannot try out products online.
13. Personalize Your Homepage
Use an AI-based recommendation app to create personalized recommendations based on customer behavior. Use a customer’s browsing and purchase history, locations, search history etc to suggest items they may want to buy.
It will not only leads to more orders but can also increase customer lifetime value. The customer will return to your store because they believe you understand their needs.
14. Consider adding a live chat function
Adding a live chat function to your site will increase customers’ trust in your brand. It will be easier for them to contact you and clear all the objections they have before buying.
15. Create an exit intent popup or a welcome popup
Popups are an amazing tool to convert your website visitors to leads. Exit popups are displayed when a visitor is about to exit your site. Make the offer on the pop-up clear and compelling; make it too hard to say no to.
Show some discounts or offers, or give access to some exclusive content in exchange for their contact information. Don’t show a welcome pop-up until the visitors scroll down at least 75% of the page or below. Show it after 10 seconds. You can also A/B test these two pop-ups.
16. Place all required Information in the Footer
Most businesses have important information and links in the footer. Customers expect to find these links in the footer. Keep everything required there. It will enhance user experience and the site will be easier to navigate.
Things you should keep in the footer
- Shipping and return policies
- Terms and conditions
- Contact and support link
- Social media link
- Phone number and emails
- Security seals
If you want us to help you in increasing your revenue by increasing the conversion rate of your website, contact us.